Makes 2 servings
- 8 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 pears, chopped (Asian work nicely, but bosc pears will do nicely)
- 4 cups of organic arugula
- 2 organic radishes, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons of chopped walnuts (skinless walnuts work well)
- 2 tablespoons of dried cranberries
- Simmer the balsamic vinegar over medium heat until it reduces by half. This will create your glaze. Spoon your glaze over the pears and toss.
- Toss the arugula, radish, dried cranberries and walnut together. Top with balsamic glazed pears and sprinkle with coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste).
This recipe is simple but the flavor is amazing. The marriage of sweet pears with the acidic “bite” of balsamic glaze coupled with the spiciness of radish is a delicious. Chopped walnuts add just the right amount of texture to the dish.